Cosmetologists that want more freedom often swap out their commissioned employee gigs for the chance to become independent stylists. And while gaining greater power over your career can be extremely rewarding, it’s also a lot of work.
One of the biggest reasons that cosmetologists ultimately fail as independent hairstylists is because they don’t anticipate the amount of responsibility they’re expected to handle gracefully and efficiently. Successful independent hairstylists must learn to become time managers, receptionists, marketers, and accountants. For many, this prospect is daunting at best.
Luckily, the company Stylie just launched an innovative salon management software app on June 28. Stylie developed the Stylie One app after discovering that independent hairstylists were is desperate need of a simple solution to a growing list of business needs. The development team at Stylie identified these needs by consulting a slue of knowledgeable cosmetologists to maximize quality assurance.
Here’s a quick rundown. The Stylie One app offers six basic features:
- Mobile Access: Makes Stylie One available anytime, anyplace using a desktop or iPhone, iPad and Droid devices.
- Point-of-Sale (POS) and Inventory Management: Automatically calculates inventory updates and sales figures such as receipts, discounts, returns, accounting reports, and group pay amounts.
- Credit Card Processing: Provides secure, low-rate credit card processing that is Apple Pay compatible and soon-to-be smart chip card accessible.
- Online Scheduling: Allows both clients and hairstylists to interact using the same calendar to easily synchronize time schedules and trigger automatic reminders.
- Client Relationship Manager: Stores personal information about clients including style preferences, favored products, frequent topics of conversation, and important dates.
- Effortless Automation: Keeps you in constant communication with clients using automated reminders, receipts, emails, incentive details, thank-you cards, rewards, texts, and promotional events.
Still feeling hesitant? No worries. Stylie offers all customers the ability to try the Stylie One app for a free 30-day trial period. Good luck!