A growing demand for cosmetologists continues to entice personal care professionals to pursue careers in Arizona. Between 2012 and 2022, the Department of Employment and Labor Statistics predicts the number of cosmetologists employed statewide will rise from 10,246 to reach 11,183.
During this long-term projection period, the cosmetology occupation is expected to experience a 9.2% employment growth spurt. This exciting workforce trend will enable cosmetologists to pursue an average of 240 job openings annually through 2022.
Average Cosmetologist Salaries and Wages in Arizona
Some cosmetologists work full-time positions that offer salary pay. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (USBLS), in 2013, cosmetologists in Arizona earned an average salary of $20,000/yr. Additional salary percentiles include:
- 10th Percentile: $16,900/yr.
- 25th Percentile: $18,000/yr.
- 75th Percentile: $27,100/yr.
- 90th Percentile: $40,400/yr.
Cosmetologists that work part-time jobs typically earn hourly wages. According to the USBLS, in 2013, cosmetologists in Arizona earned an average wage of $9.62/hr. Additional wage percentiles include:
- 10th Percentile: $8.13/hr.
- 25th Percentile: $8.63/hr.
- 75th Percentile: $13.01/hr.
- 90th Percentile: $19.40/hr.
Average Manicurist Wages and Salaries in Arizona
Many cosmetologists work as hairdressers, hairstylists and/or manicurists. In 2013, the USBLS reported the following wage and salary statistics for manicurists in Arizona:
- 10th Percentile: $17,100/yr. or $8.21/hr.
- 25th Percentile: $18,400/yr. or $8.83/hr.
- Median Percentile: $20,800/yr. or $9.98/hr.
- 75th Percentile: $23,500/yr. or $11.28/hr.
- 90th Percentile: $55,300/yr. or $26.58/hr.
Geographic Pay Differences for Cosmetologists in Arizona
In 2013, the USBLS documented the geographic pay differences for cosmetologists in Arizona:
Geographic Pay Differences for Manicurists in Arizona
In 2013, the USBLS found cosmetologist experienced geographic pay differences in Arizona: