The Connecticut Department of Labor recently announced that hairdressers, hairstylists and cosmetologists were among the occupations with the largest employment levels in the state.
In 2012, there were approximately 10,033 cosmetology professionals employed in Connecticut. Between 2012 and 2022, roughly 289 annual cosmetology job openings are anticipated.
Salary and Wage Averages for Cosmetologists in CT
According to the Connecticut Department of Labor, cosmetologists are currently earning an average annual salary of $29,182.
- Non-salaried cosmetologists are earning an average wage of $14.04/hr
- The entry-level average wage for this occupation is $8.79/hr
- Cosmetologists earning a mid-range wage are typically paid between $9.16/hr. and $17.03/hr
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics found cosmetologists in Colorado were earning vastly different salaries depending on what earning percentile they fell into (2013):
- 10th Percentile: $18,000/yr.
- 25th Percentile: $18,900/yr.
- Median Percentile: $23,800/yr.
- 75th Percentile: $35,200/yr.
- 90th Percentile: $48,100/yr.
Salary and Wage Averages for Manicurists in CT
In 2013, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that Connecticut was among the top five states with the highest concentration of manicurist jobs in the country. Some salon professionals in Colorado work as nail technicians. According to the Connecticut Department of Labor, manicurists are currently earning an average annual salary of $20,808. Wage averages are as follows:
- Mid-Range Wage: $8.84/hr. to $$9.93/hr.
- Entry-Level Wage: $8.82/hr.
- Average Wage: $10.01/hr.
Geographic Impact on Cosmetologist Wages and Salaries in Connecticut:
In 2013, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reported cosmetologist wages and salaries differed across geographic locations:
Geographic Impact on Nail Technician Wages and Salaries in Connecticut:
In 2013, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reported manicurist wages and salaries differed across geographic locations: